- Adding Nitrogen to Your Soil Naturally - Nodulation on Plant Roots
- Heirloom or Hybrid - Which is Better?
- Heirloom or Hybrid? What Heirloom Seeds Should I Look For?
How Deep should I plant My Seeds?
Q. If I plant turnips and beets by burying the seed instead of "broadcasting" them, how deep should the turnip seed go? The only thing I can find on them isthe latter method. A. A "rule of thumb" for planting seed is to place them in a shallow furrow and bury them 2 1/2 times the width of the...
- How Many Vegetable Seeds Are There in an Ounce?
Planting Small Seeds in Clay Soil
Q. Why haven't my carrot and onion seedlings come up after 2 weeks? I planted onions and Carrots in one bed - 1/2 on the front end and 1/2 on the back. Since the seeds are so tiny, I was wondering if my watering was causing them to NOT start. I have faithfully been watering this bed for 2 wks....
- Saving Heirloom Seeds
- What Varieties will Grow In My Climate?